Fauna’s Thread was conceived during my first-ever trip to see the annual Sandhill Crane migration—in central Nebraska USA.
As I sat in my car on a country road, watching them frolic, they lifted off and flew through the sun.
Their flying shadows drizzled over me as the unique honks faded away…
I experienced them next from inside a blind – on the river. It was there, where the true seeds of this story, set in this place at this time, were born…
I set off on a journey of research to learn about the cranes, the river, and the many stakeholders of the water.
Script drafts were written, years passed, and my real job happened too often. As work kept me from the keyboard, colleagues read the screenplay and said, “You know, there’s a lot going on here. This would make a good book.”
My characters kept me motivated and the cranes kept dancing…
Finally, with a 232+ page manuscript in hand, curious things happened…
- The element at the crux of the story – WATER – became popular.
- Environmental subject matter is more receptive to the masses.
- There are more distribution channels than ever…
- New players in the producing world (including non-entertainment entities) are hungry for original content.
- Contacts made from the creative process have become newly interested in becoming collaborators.
I am inspired and convinced this story needs to become a motion picture. I am pursuing MAKING it.
The status of Fauna’s Thread is: IN DEVELOPMENT.
Thanks for your interest.
Jamie Vesay, Writer / Producer Project Inquiries: FaunasThread@gmail.com Jamie Vesay Writer inquiries: VesaysRep@gmail.com