I conceived the beginnings of Fauna’s Thread during my first-ever trip to see the Sandhill Crane migration—in central Nebraska USA.
As I sat in my car on a country road, watching them feed and frolic, they lifted off and flew through the sun.
Their flying shadows rolled across the road and drizzled over me as the unique honks faded away…
Later that same day, I experienced them from inside a blind – on the river. It was there, where the true seeds of this story were born…
I set off on a journey of research to learn about the cranes, the river, and the many stakeholders of the water.
Agriculture and ranches,
hydropower and recreation,
and people in many of the small towns along the river.
My characters kept me motivated and the cranes kept dancing… Script drafts were written, years passed, and my real job happened too often. As work kept me from the keyboard, colleagues read the screenplay and said, “You know, there’s a lot going on here. Maybe you should write it as a book.”
Finally, with a 232+ page manuscript in hand, curious things happened…
- The natural element at the crux of the story – WATER – became more popular.
- Environmental subject matter is more receptive to the masses.
- There are more distribution channels than ever…
- New players in the producing world (including non-entertainment entities) are hungry for original content.
- Contacts made from the creative process have become newly interested in becoming collaborators.
I am inspired and convinced this story needs to become a motion picture. I am pursuing MAKING it.
The status of Fauna’s Thread is: IN DEVELOPMENT.
Thanks for your interest.
Jamie Vesay, Writer / Producer Project Inquiries: FaunasThread@gmail.com Jamie Vesay Writer inquiries: VesaysRep@gmail.com